Three Wing Aviation is a great place to learn how to fly!
- Contact us for more information.
firstname.lastname@example.org or 203-375-5795
We offer computerized knowledge tests at Three Wing through Computer Assisted Testing Services (CATS). We are the only place at Bridgeport Airport offering private pilot, instrument, commercial, flight instructor and ATP knowledge tests!
All persons must be in reasonably good health. Prior to the first solo flight the student must complete a medical examination conducted by an FAA-approved aviation medical examiner. The general requirements are:
- Vision must be at least 20/40 without glasses or correctable to 20/40. Must also be able to identify red, green, and white lights.
- No nose or throat conditions that would be aggravated by flying.
- Have proper balance—no vertigo tendencies.
- Be able to hear a whispered voice from three feet.
- Have no history of heart or mental/neurological problems. There are waiver provisions to allow those who have recovered from various conditions to fly.
- A person must be at least 16 years of age to fly solo.
- A person must be at least 17 years of age to be awarded a private pilot certificate.